The Clearwood Community Association is a gated Home-Owners Association about 10 miles South-East of Yelm. Our community was developed by Weyerhaeuser Cooperation and incorporated under RCW 24.03 in 1974. In addition to our amenities below we own and operate a large Group-A water system within the community. Our community has many volunteer opportunities as we are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors whom is responsible for the oversight and safekeeping of the Community and its corporate assets. There are many committees that assist the Board in its function and serve the community as a whole. See volunteering for more information!
We currently have in place a Management Team to oversee the general, day-to-day operations of the Association in its administrative and maintenance functions. This includes oversight of all staff, projects, and the coordination of various supporting efforts for the better service of our Members. The Management Team reports to the President of the Board of Directors and is responsible to the Board as a whole.
Contact the Management Team by email – Management@clearwood.org
• 1355 single family residential/recreational lots, approximately 1000 stick-built homes
• 16 miles of private roads
• Private water system (Group-A, 1368 connections, 2 wells & 2 reservoirs)
• Swimming pool and hot tub
• Lakes with 6 developed beaches, swimming areas, docks, and boat launches
• 5 Playgrounds, parks, cabanas w/BBQ
• 6 Restrooms
• 3 Basketball and tennis courts, 2 baseball field and 3 soccer fields
• 14 miles of wooded (maintained) walking trails
• RV dump (dedicated septic system)
All lakes are stocked with fish. Thurston County offers public access to Clear Lake from a public boat launch located on Bald Hills Road, while Blue Lake and Horseshoe Lake are for the use of the community members and their guests only.
Boating on Clear Lake is restricted to 5 miles per hour to maintain the tranquility of the surroundings and to protect the environment.
Clear Lake covers 170 acres and has a maximum depth of 25 feet.
Blue Lake covers 11.2 acres and has a maximum depth of 11 feet.
Horseshoe Lake covers 9.2 acres and has a shallow depth.
Reichel, Longmire, Otter, Windy, Madrona, Sunset
Each beach has a bath house/restroom, picnic cabana, boat access, swim floats, and fishing docks. Boat ramps & tie-up areas at each beach, also at Blue Lake & Horseshoe Lake.
On top of 16 miles of roads within Clearwood, there are also 14 miles of trails.
16 playgrounds, 2 baseball fields, 3 tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, soccer field, horseshoe pits, RV dump station, lawns, gardens, shrubs, trees, benches, meadows, forests, fields, and parking areas are all to be found in Clearwood.
The following structures can be found in Clearwood:
- Maintenance Building
- 14 Restrooms
- 10 Picnic Cabanas
- Swimming Pool with Showers & Jacuzzi
- 2 Entry gates and also a locked emergency gate
- 5 miles of perimeter fenc