The Clearwood Community Pool will open Memorial Day weekend. The pool will then be open weekends only until school gets out. The Monday following the end of the school year, the pool will be open on a full time schedule, 7 days a week. The last day the pool will be open each year is Labor Day.
Weekdays – Monday thru Friday
12:00pm-2:00pm – Open Swim
2:00pm-2:30pm – Swim Lessons Only
2:30pm-4:00pm – Adult Only Swim (you must be 18 or older to be in the pool area)
4:00pm-6:00pm – Open Swim
6:00pm-6:30pm – Swim Lessons Only
6:30pm-7:00pm – Lap and Exercise Swim/Swim Lessons
7:00pm-7:45pm – Open Swim (last swim of the evening)
Weekends and Holidays
12:00pm-3:00pm – Open Swim
3:00pm-3:30pm – Swim Lessons Only
3:30pm-5:00pm – Adult Swim Only (you must be 18 or older to be in the pool area)
5:00pm-7:45pm – Open Swim (last swim of the evening)
Because we care about your safety, our lifeguards will be performing random safety drills. A dummy victim is secretly put into the pool. The dummy victim represents a real victim in the water. When one/both lifeguards see the victim, they have to rescue it. Upon reaching the victim, they are given a scenario that they have to act upon. This drill will keep the lifeguards on their toes. Please remember that when the whistle is blown and the word drill is yelled, you must exit the pool, wader and spa. In the event of a real emergency you will be asked to leave the building. Your safety is our number one priority. Your quick response during these drills is greatly appreciated.
Clearwood pool max capacity is 117 people in the building according to Thurston county fire code. Occasionally, we reach max capacity and we have to clear the pool area halfway through a swim session. The people waiting outside the pool area will be the first to re-enter the pool after the building is cleared out. This is the fairest way of handling this situation. We thank you for your patience.
When the pool is open the bathrooms/showers close at 8pm.
SWIM diapers are mandatory! Please check the swim diapers often and do not bring your sick child to the pool.
Due to incidents with certain toys (squirt guns, water balls, etc.) the only “toys/things” allowed in the pool from the outside are: pool noodles (if they are abused and used to hit each other over the head with, the lifeguards will take them away), SMALL (not medium, not large) boogie boards, baby floats (with mesh bottoms, and parents have to be within arms length) and life jackets that fit correctly. That is it!!! No other toys! Approved toys will be supplied at the pool that everyone can use and have fun with. Please return them after use.
MEMBERS & GUESTS ONLY | USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
LIFEGUARDS ARE IN CHARGE AT ALL TIMES
(With full authority to remove persons who refuse to obey the rules)
- Anyone under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years of age or older.
- Cleansing shower before entering pool or spa
- Wear proper swim wear – no tee shirts, tank tops or street clothes. No jean shorts (Infants and Children Also)
- Swim diapers are mandatory for children who are not toilet trained. Please check them often
- Do not leave valuables in dressing room
- No running or horseplay. Please walk at all times
- Standing or sitting on shoulders is not permitted
- No back dives or flips – No spinning or Twisting – Forward entry only
- Only plastic goggles or masks are allowed in swimming pool
- U.S Coast Guard approved flotation devices only. Floats and toys allowed in wading pool only. Life jackets must fit properly
- Playing on features, drains, ladders, ropes or railings is not allowed
- This is a family facility. Profanity or inappropriate touching is not allowed
- No weapons of any kind allowed in or near the pool area, with or without a permit
- No smoking in or around the pool area. This includes e-cigarettes
- No use by persons with communicable diseases or anyone who has been ill with vomiting or diarrhea within the last two weeks
- No use by persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- No drink, food or gum in the facility
- Diapers/Swim diapers must be changed at designated diaper change area – NOT in the pool area and must have a protective covering to prevent contamination
- Anyone with seizure, heart or circulatory problems should swim with a buddy
- Maximum swim pool capacity – 117
- Maximum Capacity – 12
- Limit stays in spa to 15 minutes
- No standing, sitting or jumping from spa ledges
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure or women who are pregnant should consult a physician prior to use
- Children younger than 13 cannot use the spa
- Damages by members or guests are the responsibility of the member
- Emergency telephone is located at pool-side near the spa. Dial 911
- THESE ITEMS ARE GOVERNED BY THE STATE REGULATIONS