Open Until Filled
Wage Scale Starting at $12.50 per hour – Full Benefits based on experience and qualifications
Clearwood Community Association, a Home Owner’s Association in Thurston County, outside of Yelm, WA with a total of 1355 lots and over 1000 single family residential homes, is seeking two (2) Maintenance Worker to become part of the maintenance team responsible for the upkeep in a private community. This position will assist with a multitude of Maintenance related tasks to include mowing, landscaping, minor construction, street sweeping, snow removal, debris clean up and much more. This Association has a number of member amenities to include a pool, three lakes, tennis courts, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, and ball fields. Maintenance plays an integral part in maintaining these amenities for the pleasure and safe use of our residents. We are responsible for maintaining 16 miles of road, 14 miles of walking trails, all common areas and buildings.
Working for Clearwood Community Association you will have Medical and Dental Insurance, two weeks of paid vacation leave your first year, 10 paid holidays, and access to the Beaches, picnic areas, parks, trails and pool for you and your immediate family.
This position reports to the Maintenace and Water Manager.
- Current Washington Drivers License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in at least two of the following: landscaping, simple construction, janitorial, operation of equipment such as power tools, weed eaters, riding lawn mowers, street sweepers, or tractors.
- Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Strong Organizational and time Management skills; experience in working on projects is a plus.
- Service oriented, team player with a great attitude
Benefits and Working Conditions:
- Lift and or transport up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk long distances to clean and maintain hiking trails
- Ability to work in various weather conditions to include heat, cold, rain, wind and snow.
- Availability to work full time Monday through Friday with an occasional weekend based on business needs.
- This is an overtime eligible position and may be required to work in less than ideal conditions in the event of a disaster or emergency that affects the Association.
- Willing to clean bathrooms
- Ability to work with a changing Board of Directors in a Self Managed HOA
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits – Employer paid Premiums
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Willing to get and maintain first aid certification
All applicants are subject to a Criminal Background check and are subject to pre-employment Drug testing.
Please provide the following to the Maintenance Manager at your earliest convenience.
- A completed job application – CLICK HERE.
- A Chronological Resume outlining Experience, Education and Job History. Please account for any gaps in employment
- A list of three Professional references to include a peer and a Manager. Please include email addresses and telephone numbers for contact purposes.
Key Recruitment Dates:
Position will remain open until filled however screening of applicant materials will begin immediately.
The Community of Clearwood is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Materials should be submitted to:
Clearwood Community Association
21603 N. Clear Lake Blvd SE
Yelm, WA 98597
Attention: Albert Darrow Maintenance Manager